Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing a loved one is an unimaginable tragedy.
The pain, grief, and sense of loss can be paralyzing. As lawyers who represent family members of wrongful death victims in Dallas, Fort Worth and North Texas we know the consequences all too well.
However, it is precisely because of the toll of wrongful deaths that we are so passionate about helping spouses and next of kin fight for just compensation. If someone else is to blame for your loved one’s death, we want to help you hold them accountable and recover the largest possible settlement or verdict for your loss. While no amount of money can undo what’s been done, if you are entitled to compensation under the law, we can help you stand up for your legal rights.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death occurs anytime someone dies in a situation where they would have been entitled to pursue a claim for personal injury had they survived the accident or altercation. This includes not only situations involving negligence or willful misconduct, but deaths resulting from defective products and dangerous premises as well. Some common examples of accidents, incidents, and fatal injuries that can give rise to claims for wrongful death include:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, and other vehicle accidents
- Choking, malnutrition, fractures, and other dangerous conditions suffered in nursing homes
- Construction accidents and other work-related incidents
- Injuries caused by dangerous and defective products
- Slips and falls from ladders and dangerous premises
- Surgical errors and other forms of medical malpractice